JA Goes Virtual!
September 08, 2020
|Junior Achievement's K-12th grade, in-class curriculum is available this school year virtually. Each program will be delivered through private Google Sites that have been specifically designed to meet the virtual classroom needs of our teachers. All program content has been revamped and redesigned to include editable PDF’s, interactive digital resources, and easy-to-use teacher and volunteer mentor guides. The JA Programs Team has built each site to ensure that:
· Our JA programs and materials are helping teachers hit mandatory Florida State Standards.
· The experience from start to finish is extremely user friendly.
Each JA program is designed to be incorporated into teachers’ Google Classrooms. By reorganizing the program content and utilizing the tools in Google Suite, teachers will have seamless access to provide quality programming for all students, regardless of whether they are in-person or not. The programs can be teacher led, volunteer led, or a combination of both methods, entirely online.
The process for teachers is easy:
1. Submit a request for our programming by completing this form.
2. Our Programs Team will send the appropriate forms to complete through Google.
3. The JA Programs Team will add the teacher to the requested program’s Google Site.
4. The program’s Google Site will provide everything the teachers need to run the
program successfully, including the pre- and post-tests, the JA Student Verification
Form, and even a place to request a JA-trained volunteer mentor!
Whether students return to the classrooms or to the kitchen tables, Junior Achievement of the Palm Beaches & Treasure Coast has the programs needed to prepare our kids for their future. We look forward to the day when we can return our volunteer mentors to the school classrooms, but until then, we will provide our fundamental educational programs virtually, with the community’s support.
For more information, please contact our Programs Director:
Katie Spitzig, Kspitzig@juniorachievement.com
Katie Spitzig, Director of Education
email@example.com, (561) 373-3058